Wednesday, October 31, 2012

It's Been A While

So it's been a while since I've posted--but please don't that fool you into thinking that we are boring people. We have been busy doing nursery preparation, getting emails/phone calls with information on prospective birth parents maybe looking at our books, and then normal life things.

We have been shown to a lot of potential birth families, but so far they haven't amounted to more than just our books shown. While it is sad, frustrating, and confusing, we know that we are meant to adopt and one day our child will be in our home. We are ready for that child to be here NOW, but in the mean time, we are learning what it means to trust God on a daily basis. We are involved in a Life Group (small group Bible Study) and we recently read through Acts. One of the biggest "lessons" I learned from Acts was that God called Paul to something and even though Paul faced many challenges in getting to where he was called--God was faithful and God blessed Paul as he made it to his destination. I took away that God called us to adoption...and although it isn't easy on a day to day basis, I know that God is being faithful to His promises to us but we must trust in the Lord. There have been days lately where I wish our baby was with us right now, but I am learning that that time isn't now for us. I fully believe in this waiting time that God wants to continue to grow us, stretch us and have us continue to lean on Him in ways we have never done before. What that looks like--I am not sure other than the emotional and financial aspects of adoption. I hope it doesn't mean that we will have to go through a failed adoption (one where the birthparents make an adoption plan, chooses us to parent the child, and either the day of the child's birth or before the birth parents' rights are terminated they choose to parent...which, is TOTALLY their right, but doesn't make it easy on adoptive parents that have had to go through this as I am assuming you become attached to the birth family and to the child), but if it does mean we go through a failed adoption in order to learn more of being dependant on God, then I will do it. I am willing to do whatever  God has called us to do and I don't want to wimp out or run the other way just because it isn't easy.

But as we go through this waiting to be chosen process, I've tried to keep myself busy, which usually leads me to buy things for the baby. I'll go to a consignment store usually and buy a couple onesies here or there for $.50-$1.00.We have also gotten out to do fun things. We went to the pumpkin patch for our second annual pumpkin patch time with our niece, Mark's oldest sister and her husband. We got lucky with the weather--it poured and hailed the whole way to the pumpkin patch and starting letting up when we arrived. By the time we took the pirate ship ride (they have that instead of a hay ride) it stopped raining and the sun was out for the rest of the time we were there. Here are a few pictures from that day:





So we will leave you for now--I hope to be more frequent in posting things on the blog...but we shall see as we enter the Holiday Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment