Friday, April 20, 2012

Interview #2 Coming Up

We hope everyone had a great Easter weekend and are able to enjoy the sunshine (if you've been lucky enough to have any). Tomorrow marks our second home study interview. Our social worker is coming to our house for the first time which makes me SUPER nervous! It's crazy to think that this is kind of our halfway mark in our interview process, it could even be our second to last interview. It's really hard to know how our social worker wants to do things. Some social workers will only have 3 and others will have 4--it is really social worker dependant.

We have been working on cleaning our house like it's never been cleaned before. It's funny though--when I say we need to clean our house and do some "deep cleaning" I've gotten interesting responses from people such as, "oh, you're house is clean enough" and "it won't matter to the social worker that your oven is clean or not". Not that those are INTERESTING, but really, it for me, the root of wanting our house super clean, even deep cleaned, is a control issue. We don't get to control how our baby comes into this world (ie being a biological baby), we don't even get to control when they come (the birthmom chooses us and she delievers the baby when it's time) and we don't control a lot of other things--so by me cleaning, I can control how clean our house looks. It may not make a difference to the social worker knowing that our oven has been cleaned for the second time in a month, but it makes me feel better to present our house in its cleanest state. Luckily my best friend came over and helped me clean all day yesterday and we were able to bust out some organization too! Tonight will be finishing cleaning and tomorrow morning, before our social worker comes, will be last minute straigtening and cleaning.

I am more nervous for this interview than I was for the first one, because this one is even more personal. They ask you questions that know one should really know except your spouse--yet somehow, it affects getting a baby or not??

This adoption process is crazy. It's a whirlwind I tell ya!! So we are just finishing cleaning tonight and then if there is time, I may even hop online and start our profile book. There is a gal that I met through our agency that is also adopting and they have to turn their books in before than can be approved...so if we really only have 1 or 2 more interviews left, then we need to get on that!! We also need to be putting more time into our birth mother/father letters as those need to be ready to go with our books. EEEKK! It's all becoming that much more real! We are excited to see where God is leading us and taking us. It's such a great season of life to be in when we have to be dependant upon Him. He is so great and is totally blessing us!

I'll leave you with a question--for our profile books, we have to make a "scrapbook" of sorts--but we are doing ours online because I am not crafy it my life depended on it (although I do love it). So we are looking into using mypublisher, mixbook, shutterfly, or whatever else is out there. What's your favorite to use and why? (you can answer this even if you're not adopting/have adopted...I'm sure many of you have used these services for other things than a profile book :) )

OH!! Something unrelated to adoption--my parents have been down in Haiti for a week (as of today) and come back tomorrow. They have been with 19 other people training police officers and security guards and have had such a blessed time. I was able to talk to my dad briefly last night and he said that this is one of the best teams he has been able to lead and that God is doing amazing things down there. I cannot wait to have them back in the States where I can chat more with them but if you could be saying a prayer for them for safe travels home-thanks!!

Enjoy the sunny weekend--we are supposed to hit 80 on Sunday!! WAHOO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment